We are currently searching for a dynamic Administrative Assistant, Crewing to join the Vessel Management Department located in Montreal.
Reporting to the Crewing Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible to provide administrative support to this department.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Perform administrative support duties for the Vessel Management Department in Montreal;
- Maintain employees’ files; data entry, scan and oversee filing of various files in Amos and in physical employee files;
- Assist in the preparation of various reports and documents including the translation and the formatting;
- Assist in the recruitment process: provide support in the publication of job advertisements for positions to be filled, internally or externally; print the resumes received and update resumes database; take appointments for interviews and medical appointments; assist in the preparation and attend Career fairs with the Crewing Supervisor;
- Make travelling arrangements (flights tickets, hotels, etc.) for crews in accordance with Company policy;
- Assist in coordination of training sessions for the crews;
- Receive, review and prepare crew expenses reports for approval by the Crewing Supervisor;
- As required, perform crew members’ payroll in the absence of the Payroll Administrator;
- Greet the Crewing Department visitors;
- Answer the Crewing Department phone line;
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- College degree in Administration or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Computer literate (good knowledge of Word and Excel and facility to learn new software);
- Bilingualism (French and English).
- Very good oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Organizational and concentration skills;
- Rigorous and detail oriented;
- Ability to work as a team.
You are interested and believe you have all the qualifications? Please forward your resume as soon as possible to email@example.com
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.