We are currently searching for a dynamic Administrative Assistant to join the Human Resources Department at the Montreal office. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this position will ensure administrative support to Human Resources Department according to established procedures. He/she will also participate with the preparation of statistical reports issued regularly and be responsible to update information in the Human Resources database and in employees’ physical files.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department including documents scanning, filing, mailings, correspondence, purchases of office supplies for the Montreal office and the Bickerdike Terminal, logistic preparation of meetings with visitors and maintenance of employees’ physical files;
• Ensure a constant update of the Access data bank and salaries file;
• Translate documents such as correspondence, policies and memos, in both official languages;
• Perform monthly, annually or periodic reports in a timely manner;
• Complete forms and documents that must be completed by the Human Resources Department and oversee approvals;
• Create new users in PurelyHR system and as required, create new time off requests; answer employees’ questions about their vacation and sick days banks;
• Convey information on employees’ files to the Paymaster;
• Provide support with updating the information on the intranet and the publication of internal and external posting of job advertisements;
• Perform various tasks related to new employees’ orientation process including the preparation of hiring kits;
• Provide administrative support for activities related to labor relations;
• Make travelling arrangements for Human Resources;
• Follow up with managers and supervisors to ensure performance appraisals are periodically performed and prepare a summary for executive management;
• Complete and forward settlement requests to established institutions in regards to pension;
• As required, perform employees’ payroll in the absence of the Paymaster;
• As required, answer phone calls related to HR Department;
• Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
• College degree in administration or Human Resources or the equivalent in relevant experience;
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position;
• Computer literate including Excel and Word;
• Knowledge in payroll process is an asset;
• Bilingualism is essential (English and French).
• Very good oral and written communication skills as well as in translation;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Organizational and concentration skills;
• Rigorous and detail oriented;
• Ability to work as a team and customer oriented.
You are interested and believe you have all the qualifications? Please send your resume as soon as possible to:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.