We are currently searching for an Assistant Pier Superintendent for our St. John’s Terminal. As a member of the terminal management team, this position is responsible for the safe, productive and cost effective management of all terminal operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Ensure all aspects of vessel loading and discharging operations, yard operations, receiving and delivering of cargo and freight handling in both terminals;
• Manage the scheduling of all unionized forepersons and employees to ensure the protection of pier and vessel operations to meet customer demand;
• Mitigate and communicate all risk situations with all unionized forepersons, employees and senior management;
• Ensure the effective management of all unionized employees in accordance with the appropriate collective agreements and guidelines;
• Respond to internal or customer inquiries while balancing competing priorities and communicating realistic action plans to achieve results;
• Act in accordance with Oceanex policies, processes and safe work procedures as well as communicate ongoing challenges with all stakeholders. Reinforce quality and safety as fundamental priority and conduct ongoing performance and safety audits.
• Post Secondary education or equivalent combination of transportation/logistics experience and training;
• Previous management experience in a unionized environment;
• Previous experience working in a safety critical environment;
• Computer literate.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent management skills;
• Decision making and problem solving skills;
• Good time management skills;
• Good coaching and conflict resolution skills.
You are interested and believe you have all the qualifications? Please forward your resume as soon as possible to:
Please indicate the position title in the subject line.
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.