Oceanex is currently searching for a dynamic Collection Agent to join our Finance Department at the Montreal Office. The incumbent is responsible to collect and secure payment from clients within terms in order to avoid financial risks.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Collect client accounts via telephone, e-mail, mail, or fax;
• Detect problematic accounts and recover funds by using available tools and resources, including communications with Commercial Staff;
• Verification of shipments in transit to ensure that funds are collected prior to release for cash clients or accounts with no credit margin established;
• Monitor the Accounts Receivable booking blocks;
• Detect and resolve collection issues stemming from other departments;
• Prepare Accounts Receivable reports and documents;
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• Post-secondary diploma in accounting or equivalent;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in collection;
• Knowledge of AS400 (an asset);
• Working knowledge of MS Office (mainly Excel and Word);
• Bilingualism (English and French).
• Excellent problem solving ability;
• Attention to details and procedures;
• Good communication skills and professionalism;
• Ability to work autonomously;
• Ability to work within deadlines.
You are interested and believe you have all the qualifications? Please send your resume (IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH PLEASE) as soon as possible to:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.