We are currently looking for a dynamic person for the position of Inland Operations Manager for our Montreal office.
The Inland Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the company’s day to day inland transportation operations for all of North America excluding Newfoundland including managing all moves to and from the terminals of Montreal and Halifax. The incumbent supervises dispatch operations, carriers and owner operators in order to provide optimal service while controlling operating costs.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee the supervision of the dispatch department;
- Ensure compliance of owner operators and carriers with Transportation regulations;
- Ensure quality and effective service to customers, both external and internal;
- Identify cost savings and process improvements;
- Maximize profitability on each load moves;
- Control Inland costs and negotiate / approve additional costs;
- Design and implement processes and systems which are industry leading practices in order to maximize safe and cost effective operations;
- Ensure that human and material resources are kept optimized at all times;
- Manage road bookings, over dimensional and complex loads as needed;
- Work closely with the 3PL division;
- Maintain a close relationship with all departments;
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures in accordance with our systems; follow up on the procedures established for the AS/400 functions and ensure that the data entered is appropriate;
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- College Degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Inland transportation management and staff supervision;
- 2 years of experience in the reefer business;
- Computer literate (AS 400 would be an asset);
- Bilingualism (English and French).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Solid leadership skills and committed to quality management;
- Decision taking and problem solving skills;
- Strong management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure.
You are interested and believe you have all the qualifications? Please forward your resume as soon as possible to: email@example.com
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.