Boarding Location: St John’s, NL
Vessel: Oceanex Sanderling
Boarding date: August 20, 2017
We have an opening for a Marine Junior Engineer. The Junior Engineer reports to the Watchkeeping Engineering Officer during engine room watches on watchkeeping matters, and to the Second Engineer for routine and maintenance matters, with the following responsibilities – though not be limited to:
- Completing tasks or routines assigned by an Officer diligently, safely and efficiently.
- Assisting the Engineering Officer of the watch.
- Reporting defects or irregularities immediately.
- Attending bunkering stations.
- Conducting regular rounds of engine-room for verifying the levels, leaks, pressures and temperatures of different instruments in operation and instruments at a standstill for comparison purposes.
- Assist with maintaining the engine room firefighting, lifesaving equipment, pollution prevention and personal protection systems as directed.
- Conducting routine maintenance on machinery as required under the OOW.
- Taking stores, operating cranes.
- Keeping areas assigned to their charge clean and tidy.
We offer excellent work conditions, well maintained vessels, regular schedule 28/28.
- Canadian Marine engineer certificate, motor vessel, Class 4 (STCW-95).
- Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties Proficiency.
- Valid MED STCW Basic Safety
- Valid MED Advanced Fireghting
- Proficiency in Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats
- Knowledge of English mandatory.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
To express your interest in the position, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Fax: 514 877-0226
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.