We are currently searching for a dynamic Logistics Specialist to join our Montreal office. Reporting to the General Manager – Logistics Solutions, the incumbent ensures the effective operation of the Oceanex Global Logistics (3PL) division. He / she will lead communications with various transportation partners and clients to coordinate and organize all shipments in order to provide satisfactory execution of transportation services. His/ her main responsibilities will also include rate negotiations, diverse pricing, develop strategic solutions and various operational and administrative tasks.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Respond to rate requests, offer pricing to clients and/or sales department;
• Participate in client tenders;
• Selection and set up of reliable partners; negotiate pricing with them;
• Assist in the elaboration of strategies in relation to requirements and related costs;
• Suggest solutions to respond to clients’ needs in order to secure bid and/or shipment;
• Follow up on client rate quotations and negotiate as required;
• Ensure effective and smooth transportation services with partners by way of clear instructions on load tenders;
• Plan and follow up on shipments and equipment;
• Provide strategic solutions to operational issues such as customs and delays;
• Gather, verify and update all documents pertaining to our transportation partners in the ITS system while ensuring compliance (insurance, permits, etc.);
• Complete invoicing duties for each shipment (accounts payable) and coordinate scanning of documents onto internal system;
• Detailed verification of shippers’ invoices (accounts receivable) including communication regarding follow up and correctors;
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
- College diploma in transport logistics or other training and experience combination deemed equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in similar position and/or logistics (3PL);
- Knowledge of the North American road transportation market;
- Knowledge of road transportation and domestic and cross-border business (flatbed truck, enclosed trailer, LTL/FL, etc.);
- Knowledge of rates, cwt, cubed, pallet, linear feet, NMFC, FL per mile, domestic and cross-border varied equipment;
- Basic knowledge of transportation permits for specialized equipment;
- Bilingualism is mandatory (French and English both spoken and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Be motivated to develop a growth department;
- To possess initiative and strategic thinking;
- High sense of priorities;
- Availability to work overtime.
You are interested and believe you have all the qualifications? Please forward your resume as soon as possible at:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.