We are currently looking for a dynamic person for the position of Manager of Pricing & Business Analyst for our Montreal office.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Manager of Pricing and Business Analyst develops and implements pricing policies and rating models in line with corporate objectives. He/she collects and analyzes market information. He/she supervises the Pricing department and their processes; and is member of the Rating Committee.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Update contribution and costing models to take into account changing business and operating environment; selection and use of third-party service providers and make appropriate recommendations;
- Develop client contribution and pricing models and establish competitive rate programs;
- Determine rates for special projects, over-dimensional cargo and alternate routings, with input from commercial and operations teams;
- Coordinate bid / proposal processes;
- Assist senior management in formulating annual budget including volumes, rates and revenues; and manage the annual rate increase program;
- Perform regular rating and protection audits, review requests for rate adjustments, identify discrepancies and implement remedial action;
- Research and analyze market developments to identify new business opportunities;
- Collect and maintain industry, competitor and market share information;
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports and analyses; lead efforts in centralizing reporting and liaise with IT department;
- Supervise the daily activities of the Pricing; establish KPIs/Dashboards to ensure objectives are met in support of the company’s overall objectives;
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- University degree in Accounting or related field (CPA designation an asset), or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position;
- Experience in the transportation industry (an asset);
- Knowledge of pricing software (an asset);
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially in Excel and data analysis;
- Bilingualism (French and English).
- Ability to work with limited supervision and make decisions promptly;
- Detailed and deadline oriented;
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team;
- Ability to recognize opportunities and propose solutions;
- Ability to work closely with other departments and create an atmosphere of cooperation;
- Strong analytical, organizational and priority management skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
You are interested and believe you have all the qualifications? Please forward your resume as soon as possible to: email@example.com
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.