We are currently searching for a dynamic Procurement Manager to join our St. John’s, NL office. Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance, the chosen person will be responsible for negotiating master services agreements for the acquisition of products and services for the company and to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend. He will also be responsible for sourcing inventory, managing suppliers, search for better deals and ensures that the purchasing policies meet Oceanex Inc. business needs and that they are followed.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage all purchasing activities; approve the ordering of necessary goods and services (for all Oceanex locations); finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries;
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies;
- Examine and test existing contracts; perform required analysis to identify opportunities to reduce costs, improve services and secure advantageous terms offered by current suppliers;
- Research new suppliers for products and services and initiate business and organization partnerships; negotiate to obtain the best performance at the best price while ensuring the quality and consistency of products and services; negotiate and draft contracts with the support of Oceanex General Counsel;
- Manage material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels;
- Make recommendations on purchasing processes and policies; design and implement them and ensure that they are followed;
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Supply Chain, Logistics or in a relevant field;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar role;
- Designation of Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) is an asset;
- Proven experience in sourcing, supplier management and negotiation;
- Proven experience with inventory management.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze data and work with financials;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong judgement along with decision making skills;
- Computer literate.
You believe you have all the qualifications we are looking for? Please forward your resume as soon as possible to:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
** To lighten the text, the masculine includes the feminine in this posting.