Oceanex is currently searching for a strong V.P., Sales & Marketing. Based at our corporate office in St. John’s, NL (OR at our office in Montréal, QC depending on the candidate) and reporting to the Executive Vice-President, the V.P. Sales & Marketing plays a pivotal role in structuring and implementing strategic corporate and marketing plans, setting annual sales objectives and pricing strategy, measuring performance and developing new business opportunities. The incumbent also determines and implements sales initiatives to achieve corporate objectives, maximize sales volume and improve contribution margins.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in the setting of annual and long-term corporate strategic objectives to ensure company growth and to take advantage of new business opportunities;
- Prepare long-term strategic and marketing plans, develop sales forecasts and establish specific sales objectives. Monitor and make recommendations on pricing policies and rate structure;
- Identify and develop new business opportunities. Monitor and report on competitive market changes, performance of freight contracts, seasonal movements and tenders. Monitor market shares;
- Prepare annual revenue, volume and sales budgets. Set and monitor key performance expectations to ensure the attainment of sales and growth objectives;
- Participate in industry conferences, represent the company in various associations and maintain wide contact base in the market place;
- Participate actively in major contract negotiations. Visit key clients and maintain regular and close contact with all corporate accounts;
- Maintain close working relationship with the individuals on the sales team. Develop and maintain high degree of collaboration at all levels between sales, finance, operations and customer service;
- Perform administrative tasks necessary to effectively manage the company’s sales and growth efforts;
- Ensure streamlined and timely monthly reporting on sales activities, pricing strategy, competition, new business and industry trends;
Perform other duties, as required.
- University degree in administration, marketing or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior management position in sales and marketing, preferably in an operational environment;
- Experience in the transportation industry;
- Experience in strategic planning;
- Familiar with Industry Associations and Government liaison;
- Knowledge of the Newfoundland and maritime market place (an asset);
- Computer literate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong leadership;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, dynamic and self-confident;
- Strong analytical skills.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to forward a resume and cover letter in confidence as soon as possible to: email@example.com. Please quote “V.P., Sales & Marketing” in the subject line of your email.
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.