We are currently searching for a Dispatcher for our Terminal located in St. John’s. Reporting to the Inland Operations Manager, the dispatcher works in a team environment on a shift schedule and is responsible for coordinating all moves within eastern NL, ensuring on-time delivery while achieving customer satisfaction.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Schedule loads based on safety, customer service and load efficiency from the customer information received;
• Maintain and update dispatch system to ensure accuracy of arrival and departures times;
• Create, communicate, schedule and maintain the drivers schedule;
• Proactively plan for contingencies in order to prevent service failure;
• Pre-dispatch drivers for early morning deliveries;
• Assist in ensuring equipment scheduled for maintenance is brought to the appropriate garage for repairs;
• Effectively communicate with customers on a daily basis;
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
• Post secondary education or equivalent experience;
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in the transportation industry;
• Computer literate.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Strong organizational and priority management skills;
• Excellent multitasking skills.
*** Please note that the working environment will involve working various shifts such as evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays as part of a rotating schedule.
You are interested and believe you have all the qualifications? Please forward your resume as soon as possible to:
Please indicate the position title in the subject line.
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.