We are currently looking for a General Manager, Montreal Operations to join our Montreal office. The General Manager oversees all aspects of Inland transportation, including Dispatch, Customer service, LTL, Bickerdike marine container terminal, 3PL Global Logistics division and Equipment management including ship scheduling input.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Responsible for contracts negotiations, including tendering, with inland carriers in achieving the following goals: best possible rate, maintain the expected service levels, control fuel surcharge, oversee the payment of their invoices and develop proactive service standards;
• Ensure departmental team meets its objectives in support of the company’s overall objectives; review and monitor subordinates’ performance and make recommendations regarding employees’ development, promotion and salary increase; set KPIs on key operational departments except equipment control;
• Oversee, for Ontario, Quebec and Maritimes, customer service and bookings, dispatch and distribution of equipment to customers;
• Oversee all US road and rail transportation requirements;
• Manage all aspects of the LTL operations including NL;
• Responsible of the Third Party Logistics’ group (3PL);
• Manage all containers and road equipment (inventory, repairs, maintenance and replacement) including the development of new equipment and replacement orders;
• Review pricing, including system based rate assessment and adjustments;
• Manage the compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements; support and foster the highest level of commitment to safety throughout all areas of responsibility;
• Manage various special projects as required;
• Manages interface with terminal operations more specifically on ship scheduling, vessel loading mix and coordinates empty container flow with Montreal terminal manager;
• Maintain primary operational contact with Sales & Marketing Department;
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• College diploma in Transportation Management or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
• 5 – 8 years related experience;
• Extensive transportation knowledge;
• Strong cost management background;
• Knowledge of MS software packages;
• Bilingualism (English and French).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Strong organizational and priority management skills;
• Strong leadership skills;
• Decision making and problem solving skills;
• Negotiation skills;
• Client oriented;
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
You are interested and believe you have the skills we are looking for? Please forward your resume and cover letter as soon as possible to:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.