We are currently looking for a dynamic person for the position of Manager – Credit, Invoicing and Collection for our Montreal office. The Manager – Credit, Invoicing and Collection manages the invoicing and accounts receivable functions focusing on the credit approval process, data/invoice verification, and collection of outstanding balances. He/she coaches, trains and supervises staff under his/her responsibility. He/she establishes appropriate policies/procedures/objectives/KPI’s in order to monitor and manage all processes within tight deadlines.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Manage/prepare applications for client credit privileges to determine the possibility of allocating lines of credit; adjust existing customer lines of credit;
• Manage the processes to ensure all data concerning invoices are accurate and complete and all invoices are prepared on a timely basis; assist with customer-specific invoicing processes and reconciliations
• Verify current shipments in order to collect freight charges (prior to the arrival of the vessel) for customers on a cash basis or without the privileges of credit; proceed with verification of booking blocks;
• Assist with collection of client accounts and detect problematic accounts and manage the collection thereof;
• Act as a contact person with colleagues of other departments and as a link between team members by communicating and documenting objectives/KPIs, and policies/procedures and recommending viable solutions for the company, as required;
• Manage all documentation required for auditing purposes;
• Control month-end closing procedures and prepare monthly reports;
• Plan and assign tasks to staff and respect priorities/deadlines;
• Supervision and training of staff, with focus on continuous improvement;
• Perform other tasks, as assigned.
• College/University Degree or equivalent, with knowledge in accounting, invoicing and collection processes or equivalent combination of experience and education;
• 5 years of relevant experience;
• Knowledge of AS400 (an asset);
• Knowledge of MS Office (mainly Excel and Word);
• Bilingualism (English and French).
• Ability to work with limited supervision and make decisions promptly;
• Detailed and deadline oriented;
• Ability to supervise and motivate a team;
• Ability to recognize opportunities and propose solutions;
• Ability to work closely with other departments and create an atmosphere of cooperation;
• Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills.
You are interested and believe you have all the qualifications? Please forward your resume as soon as possible to:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.