We are currently searching for a second dynamic Marine Superintendent with strong technical, communication, leadership and management skills to oversee and manage all technical operations of our fleet of container and Ro-Ro vessels from St. John’s, Newfoundland.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, this position is responsible for the daily operational readiness of our fleet of vessels. The successful candidate will assist with policy formulation and implementation and provide hands-on direction to line personnel on technical issues.
• Oversee and manage all technical operations of the Oceanex marine fleet;
• Ensure that Container and Ro-Ro vessels are maintained in the most effective and efficient manner;
• Ensure fleet compliance with respect to Classification, Flag State, environmental regulations and safety standards;
• Actively monitor vessel operations, assess performance against standards and recommend corrective action, as required;
• Prepare dry-dock specifications and actively supervise all dry-dock operations;
• Manage budget development process and ongoing cost control;
• Liaise with vendors, classification society and relevant regulatory bodies as required;
• Communicate regularly with shipboard Vessel Management Team members;
• Take an active role in vessel replacement and procurement projects;
• Manage department staff including Captains, Chief Engineers, Marine Safety Manager, Assistant Fleet Superintendent and Purchaser;
• Work in partnership with other department managers within Vessel Management and Operations;
• Attend fleet vessels regularly (travel required).
• Certified Marine Chief Engineer with minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as Chief Engineer;
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as Marine Superintendent or Superintendent;
• Strong knowledge of Safety Management Systems with demonstrated past experience in a safety driven environment;
• ISM Certification is an asset;
• Strong organizational and priority management skills;
• Excellent decision making skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Computer literate (including ship management systems AMOS);
• Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
This is a shore-based position but does require the flexibility to travel.
If you believe you have the skills we are looking for, please forward your resume as soon as possible to:
Please refer to the position title in the email subject line of your submission.
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. See Oceanex at www.oceanex.com