We are currently searching for a dynamic NL Inlands Trucking Supervisor. This position is responsible for monitoring all daily trucking activities within the NL operations including the supervision of all unionized drivers and all outside carriers. He/she is also responsible for establishing the drivers’ work schedules and monitoring to ensure company compliance and compliance with all Municipal, Provincial and Federal regulations. The NL Inlands Trucking Supervisor works closely with the NL Dispatch Supervisor to ensure that all deliveries are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Act as front line supervisor for all unionized company drivers and all outside carriers;
• Create and monitor all drivers’ and brokers’ schedules;
• Ensure that all maintenance on company owned units is completed and performed in a cost effective manner;
• Ensure compliance in the areas of equipment per-trip inspections, container inspections and hours of service;
• Respond to all trucking related accidents/incidents and hazards at customers sites and delivery locations;
• Assist the Commercial Group with delivery planning and logistics related inquiries as they pertain to specific trucking needs;
• Inspect customer sites to ensure that deliveries can be made without incidents;
• Assist the Claims and Safety Departments during trucking related investigations;
• Work closely with the NL Dispatch Supervisor to ensure that all equipment maintenance is completed;
• Perform vehicle inspections and complete weekly ride along to ensure drivers’ compliance with all company, Municipal, Provincial and Federal regulations;
• Conduct all drivers’ orientation;
• Ensure that all drivers are trained and are using the Mobile Dispatch System;
• Responsible for ensuring that all permits for over dimensional loads are received as required;
• Perform tool box talks with drivers;
• Ensure that all paperwork is correct and work closely with the NL Dispatch Supervisor to ensure that all drivers are compliant with their paperwork;
• Responsible for ordering all Trucking supplies;
• Monitor and assist the Inland Manager to ensure that company is compliant with all Transportation regulations and the Canada Labour Code;
• Ensure that all deliveries are performed in a timely and cost-efficient manner while promoting the highest levels of customer satisfaction and on time performance;
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & skills
• Minimum of 5 years experience in inland transportation or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
• Valid Class 1 driver license;
• Computer literate;
• Management experience in a unionized environment is an asset;
• Excellent communication and people skills;
• Proven excellent management skills;
• Ability to work autonomously with little direct supervision.
You believe you have the skills we are looking for? Please forward your resume as soon as possible to:
Please refer to the position title in the email subject line of your submission.
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. See Oceanex at www.oceanex.com