We are currently looking for an experienced Offshore & Marine Accountant / Payroll to join our team at Oceanex corporate office in St. John’s (NL). Reporting to the Executive Vice-President, the chosen person is responsible for monitoring and reporting on the business activities of but not limited to, Stena Drilling (Canada) Corp. through the maintenance of ledgers and the control of books of accounts.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Prepare the annual and monthly financial statements for both companies;
• Prepare the annual operating budget; analyze and review expenditures to the budget; recommend and consult with management on appropriate budget levels; ensure appropriate expenditure control;
• Prepare, analyze, reconcile, balance, and maintain all aspects of the accounting records for revenue, operating expenditures, payroll, benefits and crewing expenditures, invoicing, and other accounting documents. Resolve any accounting discrepancies;
• Ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with provincial and federal requirements, and standard accounting and audit procedures;
• Prepare and manage the filing of corporate tax returns;
• Maintain and monitor cash management; responsible for both company’s banking;
• Distribute monthly financial reports and other financial analysis as requested;
• Review purchasing, travel, and personnel transactions for mathematical accuracy, coding and distribution of account numbers and adherence to company policy. Process all invoices and travel claims for payment;
• Distribute, review, calculate and process revenue invoices and statements of account;
• Distribute, review, calculate, and process the offshore crewing payroll; verify account numbers; maintain payroll records; prepare and reconcile T-4’s and Overseas Employment Tax Credit forms;
• Distribute, review, calculate and process RSP and employee benefits. Review and maintain CAP Guidelines for the Group RRSP;
• Communicate regularly with employees regarding payroll and company policies; vendors regarding purchasing issues; and company shareholders regarding crewing and operating issues;
• Maintain and upgrade the computer software system and manual filing systems;
• Oversee and assist with the annual audit and prepare the audit working papers, and draft financial statements;
• Research and prepare accounting documentation such as Crewing Service Proposals, Accounting Policies and Procedures, and others as requested;
• Prepare petty cash cheques and maintain a record of cheques written for Oceanex Inc. as requested;
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & skills
• Professional Accounting Designation;
• 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position;
• Knowledge of payroll administration or equivalent related work experience;
• Experience with international payroll and OETC would be an asset;
• Computer literate and proficient in the use of Excel or equivalent spreadsheet software;
• Organized and detail oriented;
• Strong interpersonal skills.
You are interested and believe you have the skills we are looking for? Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence as soon as possible to:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.