We are currently searching for a dynamic person for the position of Senior Credit & Collection Agent position. This position assists the Assistant Controller in all areas pertaining to the Accounts Receivable department including month end processes.
This position is also responsible for collecting and securing payments from clients within the agreed upon terms set out between Oceanex and the client with the objective of avoiding financial risk.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Assist Credit and Collection Supervisor: opening & closing accounts; processing applications for credit privileges, establishing credit limits, adjusting current customer credit limits; and, managing the month end close process including preparing monthly account receivable reports for Corporate Controller and quarterly reconciliation of accounts receivable ledgers;
• Work closely with Rating, Invoicing, Operations and Sales Departments to ensure efficient and effective processes from booking to cash collection;
• Provide temporary relief for all aspects of Credit and Collection Supervisor’s functions;
• Assist Collection Agents in the performance of their job functions;
• Collect client accounts using all necessary tools i.e telephone, e-mail, mail or fax;
• Detect problem accounts and recover funds by using available tools; escalate problem accounts to management (Sales and Finance); advise superiors of any issues that may negatively impact the department;
• Monitor blocked booking due to credit risk;
• Verify shipments in transit for cash customers to ensure cash collection prior to release of freight;
• Perform other duties and task, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s in business or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
• 5 years of relevant experience (Transportation field an asset);
• Knowledge of AS400 (an asset);
• Intermediate skills in MS office, mainly Word and Excel;
• Bilingualism (English & French).
• Ability to work independently;
• Ability to make decisions promptly;
• Ability to investigate problems and find resolution;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Professionalism & diplomacy;
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
You are interested and believe you have the skills we are looking for? Please forward your resume and cover letter as soon as possible to:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.