We are currently searching for a dynamic Senior LTL Operations & Equipment Coordinator to join our Montreal office. Reporting to the General Manager – Montreal Operations, the incumbent supervise the ongoing functioning of the LTL operation at origin and ensure the quality of service and cost associated. Also, the Senior Coordinator will supervise the coordination of the equipment through the whole network and ensure it is properly positioned as per the needs. This person also dispatches the westbound car deliveries. Finally, the Senior Coordinator calculates owner operator’s pay and assist the other dispatchers in several ways and will do replacement as needed.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Supervise the LTL operation at origin and monitor the quality of service;
• Maintain a close relationship with our third party Agent, for Quebec and Ontario;
• Control the usage of our logistic containers in a efficient manner and manage the loading procedure, cube utilisation and revenue per TEU of all LTL shipments;
• Maintain good communication with the Claims Department in order to reduce and/or avoid short and damages on our LTL business handling;
• Supervise all equipment type thru the network and coordinate movement so all terminals have the necessary equipment available as required;
• Supervise idling equipment and provide the information to Customer service for demurrage / detention charges;
• Perform follow-ups on equipment required for MVI and PM with the Dispatchers’ support;
• Dispatch and follow up on the westbound car delivery business;
• Process owner operator’s pay on a weekly schedule;
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• College Degree;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in LTL transport and dispatch;
• Knowledge of equipment management;
• Computer literate;
• Bilingualism (English and French).
• Initiative and leadership;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Decision taking and problem solving skills;
• Communication and priority management skills.
You are interested and believe you have all the qualifications? Please forward your resume as soon as possible at:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.