We have an immediate opening for a CAPTAIN for one of our vessels attached to the Port of Montreal. Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the Captain is responsible for directing the administration, management and safety of the crew, the vessel and its cargo. More precisely, you will:
- Direct vessel navigation and maneuvers. Ensure stability of the cargo and the vessel certification. Ensure compliance with ISM and ISO on board the vessel.
- Pilot the vessel in District #2 (Quebec-Les Escoumins) and Port of St. John’s (NL).
- Direct and supervise, through subordinate officers, the personnel assigned to the vessel. Manage employees’ working schedule and administer the changes of crew members. Ensure that all members are in possession of necessary certification according to STCW-95 as required to perform their job.
- Plan voyages taking into consideration the weather and ice conditions or any other circumstances deemed to influence the safety of the vessel. Determine the stability of the vessel taking into account the spreading of the cargo, the drinking water and the fuel.
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate vessel operations, in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, as well as with the Company’s objectives in regards to Health & Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Manage human and material resources to ensure that the vessel is operated within the allocated budget and in accordance with applicable standards, programs, regulations and directives.
Boarding Location: Montreal, Qc
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience as a Captain;
- Master Mariner and/or Master Near Coastal certificate;
- District #2 (Quebec-Les Escoumins) and/or St. John’s (NL) navigation certificates are definite assets;
- Excellent leadership, management and effective problem solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Bilingualism: French & English (mandatory)
- Excellent navigating skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure.
You are interested and believe you have the qualifications we are looking for? Please forward your resume as soon as possible to:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.